Do you have a problem or question relating to your studies at an Austrian higher education institution?
The new Austrian Student Ombudsman is ready to help with expert advice, assistance and guaranteed confidence.
You can contact the Student Ombudsman at any time by e-mail: info@ or call the toll free hotline 0800 311 650 (Monday to Friday from 9 to 4 pm) hochschulombudsmann.at
The Ombudsman services are available to the following:
- All Austrian and international students as well as their representative student bodies at universities, private universities, universities of applied sciences and teacher training institutes
- Anyone applying to or interested in courses of study at such institutions
- All members of staff at such institutions
- All former students at such institutions
- Anyone with an interest in higher education issues
What do they offer?
- Advice: Any student may contact the Student Ombudsman for information or advice on matters relating to courses, teaching, exams, services and administration at institutions of higher education
- Assistance: In the case of problems in the above areas, the Student Ombudsman contacts those responsible at the institutions and attempts to find a solution
- Acts as a Mediator: If a problem cannot be solved directly within the institution or if it concerns several institutions, the Student Ombudsman is available to act as a mediator
For more information on the Student Ombudsman, please check the homepage www.hochschulombudsmann.at.